In the Pilodist solid-liquid extractor PILOEX SL 5, the solvent circulates between extraction vessel, evaporator and condenser. The solid matter in the extraction vessel is continuously rinsed with purified solvent until all solubles are leached out of the solid matter.
The solvent, which is charged with the extract, flows from the extraction vessel into the evaporator, where the extract will be collected and concentrated.
After terminating the leaching process, a further purification of the extract by evaporation is possible.
The system is designed for batch (discontinuous) operation but can also be operated semi-continuously.
The standard system can be operated either for vacuum operation or overpressure operation as well.
The system can be designed either in glass, stainless steel or other material, depending on the application.
- Extraction with cold solvent
- Extraction with hot solvent
- Trickling mode: continuous flow of solvent directly through the solid matter back into the evaporator
- Overflow mode: continuous flow of solvent through the solid matter with the extraction vessel filled completely with solvent
- Soxhlet extraction mode: Extraction by periodic flooding of the extraction vessel and subsequent draining through siphon action